Segment is a leading customer data platform (CDP). 1Flow’s Cloud Source integration with Segment allows you to easily track events and update user traits in Segment, based on 1Flow survey responses.
If you have specific questions which are used to collect user information, 1Flow will help you automatically update user profile in Segment. This allows you to segment users by custom attributes collected via 1Flow, and complement your quantitative data with qualitative insights at scale.
With 1Flow<>Segment integration, you can send qualitative insights collected from 1Flow into your favorite analytics, CRM, and marketing automation tools for deeper analysis and advanced user targeting. This allows you to build a rich collection of zero-party data of your customers, which is crucial to your success in a privacy-first world.
Connect Segment (Cloud Source)
- Log into your organization’s Segment account.
- Navigate to Sources, then click on Add source.
- Create a new server-side source. Choose HTTP API as the source type.
- Copy the write key from this custom source - you’ll need to paste this into 1Flow.
- Log into your 1Flow dashboard and navigate to Integrations.
- Click on Segment (Cloud Source) > Connect.
- In the side panel that opens up, paste the write key of your Segment source.
- Use the toggles to control whether or not you’d like to update user traits and track survey answers as events in Heap.
- (Optional) customize the event name which is tracked for survey answers.
- Save your work once finished.
You have now successfully set up survey data integration between 1Flow and Segment. All new survey submissions will be sent to Segment in real-time according to your settings.
Track Custom Events
If you selected “Track survey answers as events”, each answer to survey question by any user will now be tracked as an event with the following properties:
How likely are you to recommend us to your friends?
This will help us improve your experience.
Update User Traits
If you selected “Set survey answers as user traits”, any question where you have configured Data Logic “set input as user trait” will now automatically update user profiles.